Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

I was nominated by CeLynn of CeLynns Sunflower Patch to participate this time around. CeLynn mad been playing along with my Big City Bags Sew Along and makes wonderful, wonderful things so be sure and check out her blog if you haven't already.

I'm not going to lie...I completely forgot about this until today. That means this post is being done from my phone and that it was very hastily put together. 

Q.  What am I working on? 

A:  A vast variety of things!!!  I spend most of today cutting projects and doing prep work for upcoming craft shows but I did manage to finish up this mini earlier this afternoon (good thing to or I would have nothing to show you!). 

I offered to test out a pattern for a quilt block I saw on Instagram. The pattern is by @annsphotos. I'm sure she has a blog but I don't know what it is :(. 

I decided that for this test block I wanted to break out my hoarded Nordika fabrics and make four blocks to put together a mini for my office at work. 

I had to alter the pattern a tiny bit to get them all to fit together properly but it was worth the effort. The quilting did give me some trouble (had to be picked out twice!) but I'm happy with the end result!! 



Q: How does my work differ from others of its genre? 

A:  I'm definitely not doing anything original or extremely creative but I do everything FAST. I couldn't say if it's because I'm trying to get it done before the kids interrupt me or if I'm just anxious to get started on the next project :). 

Q:  Why do I write/create what I do? 

A:  I've always had trouble sitting still. I always have to be doing SOMETHING. Even if I'm watching tv I need to be cross stitching or doing sudoku or cleaning (yes, even cleaning is better than nothing). And of course because I love it. Even when I hate the process I still love creating. 

Q.  How does my writing/creating process work?

A:  I wish I knew...then maybe I could put it to better use ;). As I said above I'm not overly creative but I can usually look at something and figure out how it's done/replicate it without too much difficulty. 

I suppose you've heard enough about me for now. I hope that if your a new reader you'll stay and take a look at some old posts. I'm on a clothing kick lately but I'll eventually get back to quilting :). 

And since I forgot about this blog hop entirely I did not get around to asking my three other ladies to participate after me. CeLynn--I'm sure your used to my flakiness by now and hope you'll forgive me!!  Thank you so much for asking me to play along!

P.S.  I will edit this in the morningfrom a  computer to provide links where necessary so check back then if you'd like. 

1 comment:

  1. I would not call you flaky. You are just a modern mom,juggling,multiple things all the time. Let me say that you do it all quite well too!

    I love the Nordika mini!

    ReplyDelete